Jun 4, 2009

Robert Reich on GM, bailouts, productivity and US.

My prolific reader friend Lupi sent me link to three pieces by Robert Reich(Labor Sec'y under Clinton) on the future of our economy, as seen through the prism of the GM bailouts. (ReichPartI; ReichPartII; ReichPartIII). She knew I would like them. Reich always makes sense to me, but his sensible ideas never seem to make it into policy.
We really DO need a new political party in this country -- the Common Sense Party? -- the Centrist Party? My advisors tell me I'm a dreamer to imagine that the grass-roots power of the internet could bring about such a thing. I'd follow Reich if he announced such a move.
Turns out Reich has a blog where he posts wonderful stuff on all manner of public policy issues. Check it out here: Reich Blog. I'll put a link to it in the list of blogs here (scroll down to bottom in left column), so you can always find it. Or, just add it to your own Favorites list.

No comments: