Jul 21, 2009

Goldman Sachs' Perfidy????

Love that word -- perfidy? I'm not sure I'm using it correctly, but out it jumped, keeping me out of the nursing home for another week. But, that's another story.
Sister Janet alerted me to an article by Matt Taibbi in Rolling Stone Magazine (of all places) on Goldman's role in every major bubble-meltdown since the Great Depression (ours today is only the Great Recession). Today in the Washington Post, Alan Sloan tells how Goldman is arguing with the Feds, which saved its hide in the past year, over how much our (i.e., US taxpayers') stock warrants are worth. Sloan thinks Goldman is tacky and greedy. We should contact the White House with a simple E-mail -- "Make Goldman Pay!" It's easy to do that...Click Here!
My friend G., who volunteers at the White House's phone bank, says the White House actually DOES methodically monitor the content and views of its incoming calls, except for total cranks whose expletives deleted are hard to categorize. So, I'm sure they're doing the same with their E-mails.


Then, somehow, we should keep track of what Treasury does. I'll try, but if you happen to see it in the next few weeks, leave a comment at the end of this post, and I'll pick up on it.

No comments: