Aug 14, 2012

Quick access to ratings of nursing home quality

Over the years I've had plenty opportunities to observe nursing homes in action, not only for my parents' generation, but also for my own post-surgical rehab.  And, recently I've spent a good amount of time visiting an older friend who spent a lot of time in several nursing facilities in the Maryland suburbs.  This nursing home rating tool, made available through ProPublica, is an excellent summary source of information, and the information you can get by clicking on an individual home's profile dovetails with my own impressions of the various places I've recently seen.
So, I'm entering this post into my "citizen portals" label, recognizing that I (and you) may have plenty of reason to research information on potential nursing homes.  If a friend asks for advice, all you have to do is remember my blog's name:  www.theviewfrombethesda.blogspot.com  and they will be able to get to this applicaiton.

No comments: